Currently, the government has instructed everyone to link their Aadhar card with their PAN number. It can be done very easily through an online portal. But you need to make sure that all the details given in your pan card or Aadhar card should be correct. If any of the details do not match with each other than the Pan Aadhar link will not be possible. If you want to know more about how to link pan card with aadhaar card then you must go through the following steps.
How to Link Pan With Aadhar by SMS & Online
- First of all, to link Aadhaar to PAN card, you need to open the online portal of e filing of income tax department named incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. This is the first step for your pan Aadhar link work.
- Then you will need to click on the options link Aadhar which is at the left side of the home.
- After that, you will get to see a page where you have to put the PAN card number and also the Aadhar card number as the third step. You will also have to write your name as per the Aadhar details to link Aadhar to PAN card.
- Then you must mark the option ‘I have the only year of birth in Aadhar card’ if you just see that only your year of birth is given on your Aadhar card. Without clicking on this option your pan Aadhar link will get failed.
- After putting all the information correctly, you need to mark the option that ‘I agree to validate my Aadhar details with UIDAI’. They are the governance department of Aadhar card and other identification documents.
- Now there will be a captcha on your computer screen where different types of images, texts or sounds will be given. You have to enter the code by decoding it properly to go ahead with your process.
- Then you have to complete the procedure by clicking on ‘Link Aadhar’ to send the request to the authority.
There is another way to link your Aadhaar Card with your PAN number. You just have to send a simple SMS to the given number which is 567678 or 56161 from the mobile number which is registered in both of these cards. You need to type UIPAN to send the SMS.
If you are wondering about how to link pan card with aadhaar card then this is the complete process of doing this in two ways. The next thing you have to do is you need to check whether your PAN number is linked to your Aadhar card yet or not. To do that, you have to go through the following steps.
PAN Aadhar link Status Check Online
You need to visit the website again (incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in ) and go to the option Aadhar status. There you need to enter your Aadhar card number and also the PAN number. After that, you have to you choose the option to view the status and the exact status of your linking will be shown your computer screen.
So this is the way how to link pan card with aadhaar card and also Pan Aadhar link status check online. So now you won’t have to rely on anyone to do this for you and you will be able to do this at home.
Read Also: How to Check SBI Account Balance