QuickBooks is one of the most common accounting software in the world and specially in the countries like US, Canada and UK. As its a software so it might show some errors sometimes it might be possible that the accounting software is not able to open up your company files or may show you blank files. These types of errors are most common in QuickBooks. So today we are going to tell you how to deal with the errors such as QuickBooks error -6000, 83 which occurs while accessing the QuickBooks company files.
Why QuickBooks Error -6000, -83 appears?
We are going to discuss the possibilities of QuickBooks error -6000, -83.
- Damage company files
- Multiple user trying to access single file
- QuickBooks installation error
- Company file folder is damaged
- Inactive server connection
- Internet connectivity over company data conversion
- Company file had been changed
- Some security application blocking the access of the server
Read Also: How to Remove McAfee Error 0
How to Fix QuickBooks Error -6000, -83?
There are 4 ways to fix Error 6000, -83.
You can follow any of the solution steps to fix the error.
Solution 1: Recreation of the damaged folder
- You need to create a new folder in the C:drive
- Now open the folder on which company files are saved.
- Copy paste the .qbw files in the new folder which you have just created
- Set the permission to access the company files
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop and this time open the file from new folder.
Solution 2: Client computer Restart
Try to restart the computer once. This will swipe out all the spam applications which may be running in the background of the Windows.
Solution 3: Copy paste the files on the Desktop
- Open the folder in which your company files are located
- Select all the files which are in .qbw format. Copy these files
- Go to the desktop of the computer. Right click anywhere on the desktop window and click on paste
- Now press and hold “ctrl” and open QuickBooks.
- It will be directed to the no company open window
- You need to click open/restore existing company files
- Navigate to the desktop. Select the company files you pasted on the desktop
Solution 4: Use QuickBooks company file Diagnostic tool
- Download the QB Diagnostic tool
- Run the tool in your PC
- It will automatically detects the problem and fix the issues
Note: If you don’t want to fix the issue on your own than you can contact QuickBooks Experts team and ask for help. The team will patiently hear from you and provide you the best possible solution.
Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, -83: Step by Step Guide
If you are getting QuickBooks error -6000, -83 while accessing your QuickBooks company files than you can fix. We have provided four different solutions in this post. You can fix the files by following these easy steps.