6 Simple Steps to Increase Domain Authority
There are over hundred of factors that Google Algorithm uses to determine the ranking of a website on SERPs. Domain Authority is one of the pillars that help you to rank higher in search engines.
The overall strength of a website can be measured by domain authority. The domain authority was developed by Moz. A score between 0- 100 is given by Moz use to predict the ability of a website to rank in search results.
But how does Moz calculate Domain authority? And How to increase Domain Authority.
How Moz calculate Domain Authority?
Moz gives a score between 0-100 (1 for the worst and 100 for the best). A score between 40-50 is considered average, and between 50 and 60 is considered as good, and over 60 is considered excellent.
Basically, Moz uses over 40 different factors to calculate the domain authority.
Some of the important factors are as follows:
- Linking Domains: It is the number of sites linking back to you. I indirectly help to increase the value of your site.
- Quality Content: the proverb “Content is king” is right fitted here. The high-quality content can actually help to boost your DA scores. Google loves quality, unique content that is uploaded to your content. So make sure that your content is unique and of high quality.
- Social Signals: Social signal is also one of the important factors in DA. Whenever your content gets shared in social media, it signals the google that content is reliable and relevant.
- Easy Navigation: Make sure that your site should be easily navigated by a user. Also, Google can be easily crawled and indexed your site. Hence your site structure should be user friendliness and must have a good user interface.
How to increase Domain Authority?
- On Page SEO: Make sure you optimize all on page content in your site like your title tags, meta tags, meta descriptions, Alt tags for images.
- Create high-quality content: Try to create a high quality, so that people will link to. If your content is good, it will be more likely to that another authoritative site will link to you.
- Internal Linking: It means to link your web pages with one another by keeping relevancy of content in your mind. Internal links help the user to explore more content in your site.
- Mobo Friendly Sites: A huge number of users uses mobile devices to access the website. So make sure your website is mobile friendly. if you are using WordPress then use AMP plugins to make your site mobile friendly.
- Webpage loading speed: If your website takes more than 3 seconds to load, then you are losing much more than anything else. If it does with your site, then the user will end up by leaving your website. There are free tools to check the webpage speed. Forex: Google page speed insight, slow, etc.
- Spread your content: the social signals is an important factor to increase your DA of your site. Try to spread your content via social media platforms and ensure that your content will get like, share, or comment.
Domain authority can help you to measure the overall efforts on your website. Moreover, It allows you to judge the overall performance of your site. The Domain Authority will be more beneficial in long-term SEO strategy.