A complete guide on how to take a screenshot on a PC/Laptops
Taking a screenshot on PC may be a bit boring thing to do but you need to learn it for some important works like sending the necessary information to the technical support team, to keep an important record of some project or just to capture the perfect moment of your life in your PC. That is why it is quite important to know how to take a screenshot on a PC. There are several ways to do it and you need to understand the whole process to make it a success. Different hotkeys and normal steps are followed to take a screenshot on PC. The complete inbuilt process is stated below.
How to capture the screenshot?
The first step to take a screenshot is to capture the image of your computer screen. There are 6 ways to do it. Three of them are being done by print screen key (Prtscn) and the other three methods require windows key (Win). In the normal keyboard, you will find the Prtscn key to the upper right of the keyboard and the Win key can be found in the lower left in between control (Ctrl) and alternative (alt) key. The Win key generally have the windows logon and that is why there is no chance to miss it. In laptops, you may have to use at least two keys to take a screenshot like adding Function (FN) with print screen key.
Here we have given 6 ways about how to take a screenshot on a PC/Laptops.
- Prtscn key is used to capture the image of your PC and it captures a single image of all the things can be seen on your monitor. It does not save your image as a file and send it to your clipboard.
- Alt + Prtscn hotkey is used to capture a single window on your computer screen where at first you need to highlight the window you want to capture. Similarly, this hotkey does not save your image as a file and send it to the clipboard.
- Win + Prtscn hotkey does the same job as normal Prtscn but the only difference is it saves your image as a file and send it to C: User>User name>Pictures>Screenshots on pc.
- Win + Shift + S hotkey allows you to choose the form of the image among 4 options which are rectangular, freeform, full screen and window. But this key also sends the picture to the clipboard rather than saving it as an image file.
- Win + G open the game bar off your computer and send the image file to C: User>User name>Videos>Captures. But you need to make sure that the screen capturing tool is toggled on in the game bar.
- Win + Alt + Prtscn hotkey does the same job as the previous one and save the image file to the game bar.
If you choose the process in which the image is sent to the clipboard among all the ways about how to take a screenshot on a PC then you have to open Paint and paste the screenshot there to save it.
This is the whole process in which inbuilt tools are used to take a screenshot on PC. And you can do it anytime you want to capture the data you require for your record.