Managing mailbox emails is always the priority of Office users or personal level to get the searched emails as soon as they explore it. Thus the same for Outlook too; it is also one of the popular email clients that offer an easy-to-use interface for their users and enables them to manage their personal and professional important information with ease. However, sometimes deleting or losing emails due to file corruption can be an issue. Here in this blog, we discuss all the possible solutions that allow users to recover deleted emails from OST files.
Can you recover emails from an OST file?
An Outlook Data File(.ost) is a mailbox storing format of Exchange and Outlook that allows users to keep all information such as Inbox, Sent items, calendars, journals, and other attributes on the computer. Suppose, if you are working in an offline mode, then the changes made by you get saved on the OST file automatically. In addition, when the users go online another time, Outlook updates the information itself without any hassle. Hence, you can recover emails from OST files.
Yes, you can quickly recover emails from the OST file. Usually, when emails are deleted from Outlook inbox, you will find them in the Deleted Items folder. When you accidentally or unintentionally remove the emails from the Deleted Items folder, you have to recover the emails from an OST file using the different best methods discussed in the below sections.
How to Recover Deleted Emails from OST File?
The mentioned solution steps ensure the accuracy of OST file data and are easy to perform. Also, it allows users to recover emails from OST files and fix the corruption of OST files.
#1: Recover Permanently Deleted Emails from OST File Using Outlook
You can perform this procedure on different Outlook versions like 2007 or 2010.
Steps to Recover emails from OST Files
- Click on the Windows button, search for the Control Panel, and open it.
- Now, choose the email account from the list of configured accounts and click on the Change button.
- In the Change Account Wizard, go to the More Settings option.
- Here, opt for the Advanced tab section and deselect the Use Cached Exchange Mode option.
- After that, click on the Apply button under the Microsoft Exchange window.
- Then click on the Outlook Data File Settings button to continue the process.
- After clicking on this, the Outlook Data file wizard opens on your screen.
- Opt for the Disable Offline use button and press the Ok button.
- A notification pop-ups on your screen: Outlook will not work with your OST file; Click on the Yes button.
- It will redirect you to the More Settings window.
- Now, select the Outlook Data File Settings option again to activate the Browse button.
- It will Open an Old offline data file and click Ok.
- Check the checkbox corresponding to Use Cached Exchange Mode in the Change Account wizard and click Next>>Finish.
- Start Outlook, and you will find a message on your screen Outlook is using an old copy of your OST.
- Click Ok and wait until the Outlook gets appropriately started.
- Finally, it will recover deleted emails from OST files.
#2: How to Restore Deleted Emails From Outlook
Follow the restored deleted emails from Outlook. Here is what you have to do for the OST data recovery.
- Start Outlook and click on Deleted items from the left section.
- In the search box, enter the email that you need to recover.
- Next, right-click on the email, click on Move from the popup, select the Inbox folder, and click on the OK button.
- Here, you can find the restored email in your Outlook inbox.
This method is only applicable when your emails are present in the Deleted Items folder. But, if you cannot find deleted emails, the only way you can retrieve deleted emails is from the OST file. Thus to recover deleted emails from OST File, you can use the best third-party solution. i.e., OST Recovery. The software can recover all the deleted, inaccessible, damaged, or corrupt data from the Outlook OST files.
We understood the best ways to recover deleted emails from OST files through this blog. Along with this, know about the OST file and the possibility of recovering deleted emails from the Outlook Data File(.ost). However, if you fail to recover the deleted data from the OST file, go through with any professional solution.
Read Also: HOW TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11