The IMEI or International Mobile Equipment Identity number is an unique identification number issued to every mobile device on the network. Each mobile phone, any device with a built-in phone, GSM modem, has a unique 15-digit IMEI number. Based on this number, you can check some information about the device, such as make or model.
The IMEI number is different on each mobile device. The IMEI number indicates where the mobile device is manufactured and what’s the model number of the device. Any phone’s IMEI number shows the current location of the phone be it an Android or IOS.
Lost your phone? Can’t remember your phone number or model number? No problem! As you scroll down further, you’ll find ways to find your IMEI number for iPhone or Android phone, your phone’s model number and even methods to find your lost phone.
How to Check IMEI number on Android Phone
To find the IMEI number on an Android phone, go to the Settings menu. It’s usually found in one of the following locations, and may vary depending on the brand and version of Android you’re using.
- Settings> About phone> Status
- Settings> General> Device information> Status
- Settings> System> About phone> Status
- Settings> Device information> Status
How to Check IMEI number on an iPhone
These numbers can be found in several locations, including Settings, in Finder and iTunes and in the original packaging.
- Settings> General> About
- Scroll down to find the IMEI number. You can also long press the number to copy it to the clipboard and save it elsewhere, such as in Notes or Text. iOS 13 and iOS 14 have the same interface.
How to Find IMEI number of your iPhone through your Apple account
- Go to appleid.apple.com.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Scroll to the Devices section, then select the device. There you will find the IMEI / MEID numbers.
- If you have another device with iOS 10.3 or later signed in to your account (such as an iPad), go to Settings> Your name.
- Scroll down to see all devices with Apple ID signed in and tap the device name and IMEI/MEID serial number.
How to check IMEI number of your device in Finder or iTunes
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Start Finder on a Mac with or after MacOS Catalina 10.15. Open iTunes on a Mac with or before MacOS Mojav 10.14, or on a PC to find your device.
- Click the Summary tab under the phone name to view the information. You may need to scroll two or three clicks to get the information you want.
- Tap on the phone number written under the device name or model to find the IMEI / ICCID and MEID numbers.
Other ways to resolve your problem i.e. how to check your IMEI number
Some devices show the IMEI number on the SIM tray. You can view IMEI numbers on the SIM tray in every generation of iPhone 6s to iPhone 12 except SE (1st generation). Some Samsung Galaxy phones show the IMEI number, embedded in small translucent characters, in the back of the case – a glass is required to read and it will be difficult to see even then. The IMEI can also be displayed under the battery or above the SIM slot by old handsets with removable batteries.
How to Check IMEI number on the box
If your iPhone or Android phone was stolen and you forgot to examine and write down the IMEI number, you’ll still be able to find it. The box in which your phone arrived always displays the IMEI number on a sticker on one of its sides. Hence keeping the box safely can be a good idea.
How to Check your IMEI number using phone dialler
To get your IMEI number, dial * # 06 #.After typing the IMEI number check code on the phone keypad, a pop-up window will appear with your IMEI number and other important phone information. This information might be saved using two methods, for example by writing it in a notebook and saving it as an image or as a document.
Read Also: All Sim Number Check Code