Microsoft 365, which is widely used by large and mid-sized businesses, is a great cloud solution for managing data, optimizing operations, collaborating, and communicating effectively. Although it has many useful applications, there is a risk of data loss. As a result, organizations want a reliable Microsoft Office 365 and recovery solution to safeguard their critical data. Here we have listed effective Manual methods for you and a professional approach using Office 365 Email Backup Tool. The tool is totally safe and highly recommended by experts in this field. But before that, let us know the reasons for office 365 email backup.
Despite the fact that Microsoft provides extensive security protections for its programs, Microsoft 365 does not have a comprehensive native backup. Now, firms and employees are perplexed because they assume their data is safe and secure. The pre-configured settings, on average, only secure your data for 30-90 days. As a result, you should have a backup solution in place at all times to preserve your data.
Read also: HOW TO DELETE GMAIL ACCOUNT PERMANENTLY?
Why do you need Office Mailbox Backup?
The following reasons are given below why the user needs office 365 email backup:
- As we all know, we pay for storage in Office 365, and backing up your Office 365 data can help you save money on storage.
- The data in the Office 365 mailbox is universally accessible because it is a cloud-based service, and there is always the risk of illegal access and hacking.
- If you have a backup of Office 365 mailboxes, it will come in handy if you accidentally delete data or lose data in any other way.
Previously, we discussed various reasons for office 365 Email backup. Now we’ll look at how to backup 365 mailboxes manually.
Manual Methods of Backup 365 Mailboxes
After the given reason, now we will discuss the manual methods of backup 365 mailboxes, which are listed below:-
- eDiscovery Method to Backup Office 365 Mailboxes
- How to Export Exchange Mailbox to PST Using Outlook
- Office 365 Backup Email to PST using Third-Party Utility
Method 1: eDiscovery Method to Backup Office 365 Mailboxes
- First, use the administrator credentials to log into your Office 365 account.
- Secondly, Go to the Office 365 Admin Center and select the Security tab from the drop-down menu.
- Now, from the left pane, pick Permissions and then e-Discovery Manager from the list.
- Next, a new window will open. Hit the edit button to the right of the e-Discovery administrator.
- At last, select the eDiscovery administrator and click the Save button.
- First, from the left pane, go to the search option and select the content search option.
- Now, the content search box will appear. Pick the New search option from the drop-down menu.
- Then, click the Next button after giving your new search a name and a description.
- When the location window appears, choose locations or search for the mailboxes you desire to backup in the PST file, then click Next.
- Now, prefer the terms you want to use and apply the conditions you want. After that, hit the Next button (This is optional.)
- Finally, double-check your search parameters and press the Submit button. Click Back to return to your previous search settings.
Read Also: LEARN HOW TO CONVERT WORD TO PDF
- Choose your search from the drop-down menu, then click the Action button.
- Select your output selection after clicking on the Export result option. Then pick the Export tab from the list.
- Go to the Export tab, choose your most recent export, and click the Download results button. After that, go to the bottom of the page and copy the Export key.
- Once you click once, the e-Discovery export tool application will open. Now, paste the exported key and select a location to save the PST file from the drop-down menu.
- In the final, press the Start button, and the tool will begin backing up your Office 365 emails.
Earlier, We discussed the method of eDiscovery. If this approach does not work for some users, they should try another technique to export Exchange mailboxes to PST using Outlook..
Method 2: How to Export Exchange Mailbox to PST Using Outlook
- Open the Outlook application on your Windows computer.
- Go to File and select Open and Export Wizard from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Import and Export Wizard now.
- Now, pick the export to a file tab, from the option of other.
- Then, when you are asked to choose a file format, select Outlook data file.
- Choose the mailboxes and public folder content from Office 365 that you want to export.
- Give the location where the exported files should be saved.
- At last, the mailbox migration began. The procedure will take some time to finish.
As the above method of exporting Exchange mailbox to PST are discussed. If the user finds any difficulty to perform the manual methods, we have a professional method to backup email to PST.
Limitations of Backup o365 Mailbox to PST
The following Limitations are given below to backup o365 Mailbox to PST:
- The manual method is labor-intensive and time-consuming.
- Emails, contacts, and calendars, for example, are not backup using the manual method.
- Prior technical knowledge is required before employing the manual way, and if your beginner does not try these approaches, you may lose your data.
- There is a high probability that data will be changed, and there is no guarantee that a backup will be exact and full.
Recently, We discussed the limitations of backup o365 Mailbox to PST by using manual methods in the simple steps. Now, we tell you above does office 365 Backup your data by using third-party software.
Method 3: Office 365 Backup Email to PST Using Professional Software
Here are various methods of office 365 email backup without any data loss. It works competently and helps in avoiding corruption. And, if you are searching for a tool that works effectively on your system to export emails from office 365, then third-party software is perfect. Using the third-party tool Microsoft Office 365 Backup software is the most profitable method. It is the best one-stop solution for accurate Microsoft office 365 backup solutions.
In the end, as we tell you, there are multiple techniques of backup 365 mailboxes. To simplify the problem, we have introduced both manual and professional methods. As we discussed, the first manual methods with their limitations. After that, we introduced an automated technique recommended by IT professionals. I hope your issue regarding How do I backup Office 365 data is fixed now.
Read Also: TOP 5 MEME MAKER APPS