Stuck on ‘How to change Gmail password’ and can’t locate the settings? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. In fact, it is much easier than you might believe it to be. Since many people use Gmail for personal or official purposes, it’s essential to protect your account by changing your password every month. Users are advised to keep different passwords for each of their accounts as they do not want to lose all of their data or contacts.
While creating a new password, you should try to use a password that includes characters such as commas, signs, uppercase, lowercase, and numbers. Google always alerts you whenever you log into your account on any device and continues to remind you to check account activity. The tech giant also offers a password checker tool, which is basically designed to alert users if their passwords have been stolen in the event of a data breach. The tool is a Chrome extension, which one must use to be on the safe side.
Now, without causing any further ado, let’s learn how to change Gmail passwords on your mobile/desktop.
How to reset Gmail password on mobile
- Step 1: Tap & Open the Gmail app on your phone
- Step 2: Go to settings and tap on your email id.
- Step 2: Click on Manage your Google Account.
- Step 3: Navigate to the Security section, located at the top.
- Step 4: Now below the “Sign in to Google” option, tap on Password. Now, you will need to log into your account.
- Step 5: Once you’ve logged in you will need to enter your new password and then tap on Change Password.
Once you’ve followed all the above mentioned steps properly and precisely, you’ll be able to change your password and secure your account, but only if you do it with your cell phone.
Still confused on how to change your password using a laptop/ desktop. Let’s learn!
How to reset Gmail password on desktop
Enlisted below are a few steps that you’ll have to follow in order to learn how to change passwords. These steps are:
- Step 1: Open Gmail on your computer and click on your profile, located at the top right corner.
- Step 2: Click on Manage your Google Account
- Step 2: Under “Security“, click on Sign in to Google.
- Step 3: Choose the password. You will be required to sign in.
- Step 4: Fill-in your new password, then click on Change Password.
What happens after you’ve solved the big question i.e. how to change Gmail password?
Finally, when you successfully able to change or restore the password, you will be signed out of everywhere except:
- Devices that you used to verify that your identity
- Certain devices with third-party apps that you have granted account access to.