Quickbooks is an accounting software primarily used to manage accounting applications in small and medium sized businesses. It is used to manage payrolls, inventory and sales operations easily . You don’t need to be an expert to use Quickbooks.
REASON BEHIND QUICKBOOKS FILE CORRUPTION
The QuickBooks data file is just a big database. It simply stores the entries, store them in a specified order and show the result when asked for. It easily processes the files with a lesser size than 200MB. But when the file size is greater , we may face certain problems in QuickBooks like missing records, inaccessible company file & so on. Whenever you encounter these type of scenario, it comes under QuickBooks file corruption.
Read Also: HOW TO CHANGE ROUTER PASSWORD
CONSEQUENCES OF QuickBooks FILE CORRUPTION
File corruption shows incorrect reports. Total assets mismatches with liabilities and equities. Net income, account payable and other parameters do not match . It also cause failure in synchronising process with external programs
POSSIBLE QB REPAIR/RECOVERY SOLUTION
- Create a backup file of your data to be protected against permanent data loss.
- Run the “Verify Data” function which will confirm the data corruption and will ask for repairing.
- Run the “Rebuild Data” function. This function will extract the data of the file and arrange it in correct order.
- Execute the”Verify Data” function again to check if the file has been repaired. If we still see errors , it means there is some corrupted data.
- The logs Quickbooks created need to be reviewed. These logs will indicate the transactions causing errors.
By extracting the information we can repair the corrupted files. Run this log again and again if the problem persist . After a point ,files will be repaired.
In order to reduce this problem from recurring ,
1. Start a new QuickBooks file with opening Balances. This will provide a significant reduction in the file size.
2. Remove all the transactions before a certain date in order to save the file size.
Hope this article will help you in handling this problem.
Read Also: HOW TO CONNECT WIRELESS PRINTER TO LAPTOP