QuickBooks is an outstanding tool that has been acting as the world’s leading accounting software for Quite a while now. Offlate, the users have complained about the QuickBooks update error code 1328 and QuickBooks Error code 6000 77 that have been creating a disturbance in the normal functioning of the business activity. The QuickBooks Error 6000 77 is an error that occurs when trying to access the Company file. The error is prevalent mostly when a company file is stored in the wrong error. To sort out QuickBooks Error code 6000 77 you can download QuickBooks file doctor. After downloading the file doctor it will resolve the error on its own.
Reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 6000 77
The following are the reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77. That is listed below :
- Absence of Missing Company file.
- Damaged Company file.
- Unupdated QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks running in multiuser mode.
Ways To Sort QuickBooks Error 6000 77
The following are the ways to sort out QuickBooks Error 6000 77.
1. Run QuickBooks File Doctor
The QuickBooks File Doctor tool is specifically designed to diagnose problems with QuickBooks business files. Since the error code 6000-77 indicates an error in the company file, you should run the tool in the initial stage. Here is the procedure to do it; Download QuickBooks Tool Hub, Latest Version. Install and install it properly on your system. Go to the “Enterprise File Problem” category. There you will find the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” option. Click on the option and follow the on-screen instructions. After the File Doctor tool is fully configured, run the tool to diagnose an enterprise file problem.
2. Rename the.ND and . TLG files
Change the name of the extension of .TLG and .ND files. These extensions help define files that allow QuickBooks Desktop to access company files on your network or in multi-user mode. Malicious. ND or .TLG files can cause errors when opening QuickBooks Desktop. Renaming these files will not result in data loss because they are automatically copied when you open the company file or scan company files using QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Go to your system and select the folder that contains the company file. (Default location:
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuition\QuickBooks\Company Files)
- Look for files with the same name as your company file but with .ND and . TLG extensions. (eg: company_file.qbw.nd, company_file.qbw.tag)
- After that, right-click on the .nd /.tlg file and select the Rename option. Type “.old” at the end of the file extension and press Enter.
- (Example: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD, company_file.qbw.tlg.old)
3. Use a UNC path
- Sometimes you have to change the course.
- This way you can change the UNC path instead of the mounted disk.
- Follow the instructions to change the company file path.
- You can use a UNC path instead of a mounted disk
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon on the desktop.
- Hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard and select Run as administrator.
- Hold down the Ctrl key until the No Trade Open window appears.
- Note. Pressing the Ctrl key prevents QuickBooks Desktop from automatically opening the company file.
4. Set up firewall protection
- In most cases, a firewall configuration problem causes problems when using programs (available on the system).
- So that could be one reason for this error code. Set up firewall protection in QuickBooks Desktop and try using the company file again.
- Go to “Firewall Port Settings”. Set exceptions manually. And install “antivirus” protection.
5. Recover the Damaged Folder
- If you’ve got got any broken folder then get better the folder. And attempt to diagnose the issue.
- Follow the technique to recreate the broken folder; first, create a brand new folder for your C: drive.
- Then open the folder, in which the agency documents are saved. Find the .qbw report. (Ex: company_file.qbw)Now, right-click on the positioned report, and pick the ‘Copy‘ option.
- Open the brand new folder, and paste the copied report. You can set Windows to get the right of entry to permissions to percentage the agency documents.
- After all, Open the QuickBooks Desktop, and run the report from the brand new location.
6. Remove the special character from the company file
- Sometimes we make a mistake when naming a company with some special characters.
- These special characters and numbers or spaces must be removed from the company file.
- Follow the instructions to remove special characters.
- Close all programs running in QuickBooks.
- Find the QuickBooks company file and right-click on it.
- Select the “Rename” option.
- Verify the file name for spaces or special characters.
- If you find them, remove them and store them properly.
- Open QuickBooks again and try using the company file again.
7. Check your hosting settings
- Check your hosting settings, if you use a multi-user company, access should be turned on.
- And if you don’t use a company file with multiple users, follow the instructions to stop using it.
- Open QuickBooks and click File.
- Everything is fine when multi-user” is switched on.
- If it is not, close the access.
8. Perform a clean install in QuickBooks
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub and run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- This tool performs a clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- There are many cases where QuickBooks simply needs to be reinstalled to work properly again.
- So you can use this process for QuickBooks error 6000-77.
9. General Verification Steps
Apart from the steps above, you can fix errors 6000, and 77 by following the steps below.
- First, users must restart the QuickBooks software with elevated permissions. Sometimes a simple restart can solve the problem Now the following way:
- If the company file was previously stored on an external storage device, you need to move the company file to or local folder.
- After that, the user should open the QBW file in QuickBooks to check whether the problem still exists or not. If the company file refers to a mounted disk, the user must change the settings and select the correct server.
- Visit the File menu and click Open or Restore.
- Select Open Company File and click Website.
- After completing the above steps, you need to click on the Entire Network button. Select the server that has the company file.
- Finally, check if the repair was successful and restart the program.
With this article, you will be able to shorten QuickBooks Error 6000 77. If you have any doubts related to a query make sure you reach out to our technical team of experts. They will help you in resolving the error as soon as possible.